Thursday, August 27, 2009

Top Chef Spoiler Alert: Episode 2


I know, I know. My little bingo square is juvenile. But I go where the spirit takes me. On last night's Top Chef, locally raised brothers Michael and Bryan Voltaggio respectively won the Quick-Fire and Elimination Challenges. Brother Michael won his challenge with a lovely gazpacho. Local favorite Bryan won his challenge with a lime macaroon stuffed with guacamole and dusted with corn nuts. A fun take on a chips and dip classic. I have had Bryan's beet macaroons with duck liver mousse and they are amazing. Top Chef has a video up on how to make Bryan's macaroons, if you are brave.

Top Chef is definitely setting up a clash of the titans between the two bros and it's fun to watch.

Also notable: Hector's Tofu Ceviche looked rad and I want to try it.

On another note, Michigan's Eve went home after making a second bad dish with shrimp.

Shannon

No comments: