Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Strawberry and Chocolate

These little cupcakes came out pretty good. I followed the recipe for One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes to make the cupcakes and made Strawberry Buttercream for the icing (only half the recipe).
Aren't strawberries so versatile? They taste awesome when they are fresh, they can be cooked into sauce and jam, you can make yummy baked goods, and they freeze so well. I need more strawberries to make Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble posted by Chef Christine. I am crossing my fingers that Gwen would bring strawberries this Thursday to the Everedy Square market. I've heard that they stopped pick-your-own for strawberries last Sunday so we might not have fresh strawberries any more.
On an upbeat note, we had cherries at the market last Saturday and I hear blueberries are getting ready. You know cherries and blueberries are also versatile. We can eat them fresh, cook them into sauce and jam, make baked goods, freeze...... you get the idea.

Yeon

1 comment:

smoo said...

I can attest that this cupcake is scrumptious.