Saturday, September 12, 2009

I missed the market!

I missed the market today. I had some friends in town and we got off to a late start. Then I realized I had to get a prescription in Middletown before noon, and we stopped by The Main Cup, located at 14 West Main Street in Middletown. I really like this place and I always stop there when I have to go to Middletown. They have a solid menu that is fairly inventive, and they use quality ingredients. They also have a great coffee selection and a number of organic and vegetarian options.

Our friend Joe knows the owner Bob and so we chatted with him for a while. I asked Bob if they use local produce and he said that they get their hamburger from Hemp's Meats, because they grind it every day and it is super fresh. He is looking to get local milk delivered but has not found a provider yet. I suggested to him that a number of restaurants in Frederick (Volt, Isabella's) have the same predicament, in case there are any dairies that read this blog (hint, hint).

Anyway, I enjoyed my lunch today and plan to go back the next time I am in Middletown. As for the farmer's market, I think I will visit Urbana tomorrow to get my fix.

Shannon

No comments: