Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stats, interviews, and fresh chives

Hey pals,

I was checking our stats on the blog today and discovered that we are up to about 45 hits per day. That's pretty exciting- what's more exciting is that over 40% of them are from repeat visitors. Our most popular post is the general one about the West Frederick Farmer's Market. Yeon's post on strawberry posts and raised beds is our second most popular. 63% of our visitors are from Maryland. I know, I like numbers. I drive my friends crazy about that all of the time.

I got the interview with Executive Chef James Johns of Isabella's Taverna and Tapas Bar, so I'll be putting that together for you this week! Yeon and I are also meeting with the Farmer's Market people tomorrow to discuss the farmer's market festival and marketing plan. And I think we may have a farm visit this Sunday. So much fun ahead, with lots coming up to share with all of you!

By the way, the chives have popped out in my garden. It's time to make a dish that my mom always made: egg noodles with butter, chives, parmesan cheese, and salt. Comfort food that reminds me of being a kid. Mom used dried chives but fresh ones are better. I'll offset the dish with some fish and veggies, but I think we used to have the noodles with pot roast. Mmm.

Shannon

No comments: