Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lamb, Ham and other treats from Rohrer's Meats

Greetings from the farm. I will be returning to Frederick this Saturday, April 11. I will be located at the regular market location behind the Potomac Physicians Building. Hours will be 10 AM until 12 noon. Please tell your friends as well since not everyone has been receiving these mailings.

Since Easter is this weekend, I took an extra lamb in case anyone needs a leg of lamb. There will be lots of other lamb cuts. Those of you who have been waiting on shanks, I will have 10 fresh ones this weekend. If you need a ham, I have country cured, several smoked portions, and can still save a fresh ham for this weekend. These will be on a first come, first served basis so get you order in right away.

Lamb cuts available this weekend include loin, arm, and sirloin chops; boneless shoulder roasts, shanks, racks(both Frenched and regular), and ground lamb. Lamb sausage is also being made but might not be ready until next week. Pork will include baby back, country style, and spare ribs; pork chops, boneless butts, and bacon. Pork loin roasts will be frozen this week. Country, applewurst, and maple sausage will be fresh while hot Italian, mild Italian, bratwurst, and sage will be frozen. Beef will include ribeye, strip, porterhouse, T-bone, sirloin, and flank steaks; eye round, boneless chuck, and sirloin tip roasts; stew cubes, and ground round. I hope to be restocked with cheeses, including the goats milk cheese from both Caprikorn and Firefly Farms. I will also have eggs.

I need your help this week. I will be doing 3 markets on Saturday. If possible, please order in advance so I know how to pack. I will have extra product for those who don't order or if you forget something. If you want leg of lamb or ham, get your order in immediately. For the standard products, please order by Thursday night.

While it doesn't feel like April or springtime today, I hoping for warmer weather on Saturday.

Eat fresh, be well, don't forget to get your order in, and I will see you at the market.

Danny
Rohrer's Meats
301-432-8350
Dakarohfarm@aol.com

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

The mister and I just bought a steak and some bacon from Rohrer's at the Shepherdstown farmer's market - really lovely meats!

(And thanks, Shannon - for the link!)