Sunday, April 12, 2009

Photos for Raised Beds

Photo taken on April 15, 2008
After posting the previous article, I thought it might be fun to show some photos of raised beds. I picked some from the photos that I shot last year. I have been using raised beds to plant spring flowering bulbs because it is so easy to plant them in the fall and dig them out in early summer. 


Let's see more photos. Below three photos show the raised beds that Dan built for me last year. 
The newly raised beds are lined with news papers and getting filled with composted horse manure on April 19, 08.

On June 24, 08, the beds are already crowded with tomatoes, beans and lots of other vegetable and flower plants.

On July 20, 08 my tomato and bean plants are grown into a  jungle. Some lovely flowers are hanging out with veggie plants.

Two more photos showing my old raised beds. They are skinnier in width compared to the new ones.
By June 24, 08, strawberries are all done making fruits and just happy to multiply filling up the bed.


A photo also taken on June 24, 08 showing a herb bed next to the strawberry bed. You can see that my second year parsley is flowering as well as purple coneflower (echinacea). Rosemary and tarragon at the front row are growing out of control.


No comments: