Monday, October 5, 2009

The Apple Challenge is ON!

Anyone for apple bourbon bread pudding? I thought so. Me too. Our first apple challenge entry comes from Kate, of real food*real life. Kate has also shared the recipe. The picture is from Kate.

I love this recipe for several reasons. First of all: bread pudding. Bread pudding is my favorite dessert. One time I had praline bread pudding at Jazzfest in New Orleans and I spent weeks trying to track down the vendor so that I could get their recipe. No luck. I even thought about writing Bon Appetit. But I figured I would just go back someday. Then Katrina hit. I wonder if the stand is still there? I am obsessed.

Second, Kate's bread pudding was made with homemade challah. Hello heaven. Oh, and third, bourbon. The magic ingredient in a perfect Manhattan. Not that I drink those. Well only once a week.

I am also excited to discover Kate's blog!!! I have added her to the blogroll. And remember, you have until October 16 to get your pics of apple dishes in!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Well, I'm cheating a little on this one... I haven't had any time this week to put together a new dish featuring apples, but for the sake of participating (because I support and enjoy these endeavors) I'm posting this link to some very tasty cider doughnuts I made last October. I bet they'd be even better with a touch of applesauce tucked in the center...

http://figsandtwigs.blogspot.com/2008/10/little-sweet.html

Unknown said...

I finally managed to scribble a little something and snap a photo of my ridiculous apple challenge. It's just applesauce, but it's a LOT of applesauce.

http://lotsofeverything.com/2009/10/21/a-few-words-on-apples/