Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tomatillos

tomatillos
Last year I bought a young tomatillo plant. It bloomed all right, but it never made a fruit! Well, I didn't know what to do even if it made fruits but once I had fruits, I was going to figure all out.
This year, I bought one each plant of green tomatillo and purple tomatillo at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. They bloomed for a while and then finally started making fruits! The photo shows my first harvest, which I happily gave away to my friends. I searched for a recipe and I found this Salsa de Tomatillo con Aguacate, basically spicy version of guacamole. I can't wait to try out the recipe Shannon just posted too! If you know a killer recipe for tomatillos, please let us know. I would love to explore the world of tomatillos!

Yeon

No comments: