Friday, November 6, 2009

Fresh this week from Rohrer's Meats

Greetings from the farm. For those of you looking for something to do this weekend, there will be a film festival in Shepherdstown, WV relating to conservation. Details can be found on their website, www.conservationfilm.org. There are at least four films relating to food, Food, Inc; Fresh, the Movie; Eating Alaska; and No Impact Man. I am hoping to finish early enough today to see Fresh, and Eating Alaska. I would really like to see No Impact Man but it is only showing once, and at a time I'm not available.

It is hard to believe that another market season is winding down and the holidays are approaching so fast. Thanksgiving is just around the corner so it is time to order your holiday meats. Again this year I will be selling fresh turkeys from Maple Lawn Farm. The Iager family has been growing and processing turkeys on their Howard County, Maryland farm since 1938. This is one of the highest quality turkeys you will find. Sizes can be from 12 to 40 pounds. You can also order a breast or dark meat portion.

For those who prefer ham, those will be available from my hogs. The selection will be fresh, smoked, or country cured. If beef is your meat of choice, that can be ordered as well. And for desert, my sisters can take care of that. You may order cakes, pies, cheesecakes, teabreads, or cookies. Pickup can be November 21, the final market day of the year, or Wednesday November 26.

As for the market tomorrow, I will have my usual product line of beef, pork, lamb, chicken, and eggs. As some of you know, I had some cutup chickens packaged by parts. I have boneless skinless breasts, legs/thighs, and wings. Everyone wants the breasts, so dark meat lovers, please help me out by purchasing the other parts. I also have pints of livers for anyone looking for those.

There may not be time to make pulled pork barbecue in the next few weeks. We went overboard this week so you can stock up. All three flavors, smokey, tangy, Carolina, will be available.

For those of you who have been asking for beef tenderloin, several roasts will be available this week. I also have a few other odds and ends in my freezer. I have ox tail, beef liver, tongue, and heart, and ground goat. Lamb sausage is back in stock. Please let me know if you are interested in any of these.

Please place your holiday orders soon. You may order online, at the market, or by phone. Please don't order by mental telepathy or smoke signals because my receiver is not always working properly. Eat fresh, eat local, be well. And I will see you at the market.

Danny
Rohrer's Meats
301-432-8350
Dakarohfarm@aol.com

No comments: