Saturday, December 13, 2008

Flowers for the market: July 5

Most of the flowers are from Shannon's garden. Shannon has one of the most prolific hydrangea bushes which I envy so much. Blue hydrangea that I used for red-white-blue arrangement above AND the pink and green hydrangea blooms below are all from Shannon's garden. One can't have too much hydrangea. 
You also see bee balm (one of Shannon's favorites), a lavender flower stem, salvias, shasta daisy (this one from Shannon's neighbor) backed up by asparagus and fern greens in the back.

One fall day, Dan and I were in a home improvement store in front of spring bulbs display, and we started to pick what we liked. I wanted to grow some flowers for our wedding in the following spring. Among all those beautiful photos of spring bulb flowers, Dan picked a pale pink (late blooming Angelique) and pale green (Spring beauty, I think).  That way our wedding colors were chosen: pale pink and and green. Now you understand why I have a soft spot for pink and green arrangement. They are so gorgeous together, and bring me so many happy memories. Above is a early summer version of pink and green combination, with a little bit of yellow and orange mixed in-  hydrangea, zinnia, echinacea, gaura, and butterfly weed (Asclepias tuborosa).

No comments: