Monday, December 15, 2008

The Common Market uses local suppliers

The Common Market has long held relationships with local farmers. They have a nice page up that lists some of the farms they do business with, here. You'll recognize Summer Creek Farm from here. I learned from the website that my friend Mark Seibert also has a farm that works with the Common Market: Clear Spring Creamery. It's always exciting to see these partnerships. I will be looking over time for restaurants and stores that support local agriculture and will highlight them for you so you can support these people in return.

I was also excited to read about a place called Catoctin Mountain Botanicals that sells forest products like ginseng; I have been wanting to start up something in the woods at my mom and dad's place; I think this could be a good contact.

Shannon

No comments: