Thursday, November 20, 2008

New email from Rohrer's Meats: turkey time

Greetings from the farm. This coming Saturday will be the last full market day for the season. While it may be cold, I think it will at least be dry. Be sure to come in and stock up from your favorite vendors.

My beef offering will include ribeye, strip, sirloin, porterhouse, flank, and skirt steaks; eye round, boneless chuck, and sirloin tip roasts; stew cubes, and ground round. Lamb will include loin, arm, and rib chops; racks, boneless shoulders, butterflied leg, stew meat, kabob cubes, and ground lamb. Pork will include tenderloin, pork chops; spare, country style, and baby back ribs; boneless butts, smoked ham steaks, country slices, and bacon. Maple and country sausage will be fresh while hot Italian, mild Italian, applewurst, and bratwurst will be frozen. I will also have chickens, eggs, and jellies.

There is still time to order your turkey or baked goods for pickup Wednesday at the Dutch Plant Farm. The turkeys I sell are grown and processed by Maple Lawn Farm in Howard County. Several years ago the Washington Post did a taste test of turkeys
available locally and the Maple Lawn bird was the easy winner. I am offering the turkeys at $2.50 per pound. If you need a turkey, it must be order by Sunday night.

Customers might be stocking up Saturday and supply could run short so please order ahead if possible. I need to have your orders by 9 AM Friday. If you did not get a copy of my winter schedule last week, be sure to ask for one. Also, don't forget that I'll be at Dutch Plant Farm on Wednesday, November 26, for you to get you holiday orders. Wednesday hours will be 10 AM until 12:30 PM. Stay warm and I will see you at the market.

Danny

Rohrer's Meats

301-432-8360

No comments: