Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Local Holiday Gifts

April Finnen posted a great idea recently about giving away locally made items in a holiday gift basket. I reposted her idea, because I loved it. Last night I had the opportunity to make use of her suggestions. My Mom was trying to figure out what kind of a gift to bring to Bogota for the family of my sister's fiancee, for the wedding. I didn't even have to think. I told her we should put together a basket of treats made from local products that would be like bringing a little bit of our world to theirs. Of course, she loved the idea. I went to Zoe's and bought some of their candy canes. Then Mom and I had a mother-daughter outing last night and went to the McCutcheon's store in the mall. They had lots of mini jars of their products- I got my personal favorites:
  • apple butter
  • cherry butter
  • black raspberry preserves
  • blueberry preserves
  • triple crown (raspberry, cherry and strawberry) preserves

Mom also got a tote with a silkscreen of Frederick icons on it, and picked up some Rosebud lip salve, which is made in nearby Woodsboro. I will pick up a few more things before we go, but I thought this was an awesome start.

Shannon

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Where do you find the Rosebud lip balm? Where is it made?

P.S. I love this blog. Keep up the good work!

Shelly said...

Okay, sorry. I see that it is made in Woodsboro, but where do you find it for purchase? Thanks!

smoo said...

I got it at the McCutcheon's store in the FSK mall but I think you can get it in drugstores.