It was fun to pick a central ingredient (scallop) and have most of the supporting ingredients from the farmer's market (bacon, red potatoes, micro green) and our own back yard garden (tarragon and chive). The dinner was delicious and the prep was simple.
Bacon wrapped Scallops
- Partially cook bacon strips.
- Wrap scallops with the bacon strips. Use toothpicks or skewers to hold the strips in place.
- Butter a baking pan and place the scallops. I brushed some of the lemon dressing that I made and sprinkled brown sugar on top of the scallops, which you can skip.
- Under the broiler cook 2 -3 minutes each side. (We cooked about 7 minutes in total since the scallops were big).
- Wash and quarter red potatoes. Fill a pot with the potatoes and water. Potatoes should be fully submerged.
- Bring the water to boil and continue cooking the potatoes for 15-20 minutes till potatoes are soft.
- Drain and bring the potatoes back to the still hot pot. Mash the potatoes and add butter (2 TBS), milk (2 TBS), chopped tarragon (1 tsp), chopped garlic (2 cloves) and salt and pepper to season
- Wash micro green and either spin dry or pat dry.
- Mix lemon juice (1 TBS), olive oil (3 TBS), honey (1/2 TBS) and pinch of salt and pepper.