Friday, October 24, 2008

New cuts from Rohrer's Meats this Saturday!

From Danny Rohrer, aka Meat Man:

Greetings from the farm. For those of you who have been waiting for varieties of meat that I don't often have, this will be your week. I will have goat at the market this week. Cuts will include loin chops, rib chops, rack, boneless cubes, and ground goat.

I will also have veal this week. This will be an older calf that has eaten solid food and the meat will be red rather than white. Cuts will include scallopini, cutlets, shanks, loin chops, rib chops, boneless shoulder roasts, bone-in arm roasts, cubes, and ground veal. Please remember that there is only a certain amount of the "premium cuts" and I do need to sell everything. When you order your cutlets, please consider ground veal, cubes, and the roasts as well. The faster the less popular cuts sell, the quicker I can process another calf.

I will also have my complete line of meats this week as well. Beef, pork, lamb, chickens, and eggs will be available.

With Thanksgiving fast approaching I am ready to start taking orders. I will be handling turkeys from Howard County's Maple Lawn Farm again this year. The turkeys are raised and processed right on their farm.This is an excellent bird which won a Washington Post taste test a few years back. I will also have hams and my sisters will be making pies and cakes for dessert.

Even though it is late, please order your veal and goat today to help me with filling orders. Hopefully tomorrow will only bring occasional showers during market hours rather than a downpour.

Eat fresh, be well, and I will see you at the market.

Danny
Rohrer's Meats
301-432-8350

No comments: